Thursday, January 21, 2010

O Is For Only Child

"But mom I want a big brother" this is what I told my mom when I was little. Yes I know having a brother sucks but I want to have one for a minute to see what it's like. I don't want to have an annoying brother, though. When I would want to have a brother the most is when I wake up in the morning and I'm felling lonely with nothing to do. That's when I need a brother. Here are my opinions and views on having a brother,not having a brother and why I wouldn't fight with my brother if I had one.

Having a brother would be so cool because you would have someone to hang out with all the time. Everyone who has a brother (except for my friend Antonio) says that their brother is annoying. I think that they think that because they've had some bad experiences with their brother. Some examples are fighting, teasing, name calling, ignoring and many more. A family that we know has 6 boys. Can you imagine that? The good thing about having a lot of brothers is that there is always one with you to keep you company. On the other hand they might get more attention than you which can be horrible. Websites say that brothers fight because they think that their parents like their brother more than them. This is called sibling rivalry. I don't think that's true. I think that they fight because they are trying to act like they are better than their brother which puts them in competition. Even after hearing this I still want a brother.

Not having a brother is fine but the problem with not is that you're lonely sometimes and you are always wondering what it would be like to have a brother. When you were a kid did you ever wake up early and not have anything to do? Well I do, but having a brother is the solution. I would want an athletic brother because than me and him could play football outside all the time. Some of my friends don't like doing this but I'm sure my brother would. The difference between a brother and a friend is your brother is pretty much always with you and a friend isn't because you have to call them or vice versa. I'm living the life with no brother right now and it's fine but I still wish I had a brother.

I wouldn't fight with my brother because if I did our relationship would be ruined and more fighting would start. If we did fight our parents would get really mad at us and start taking away our privileges. There's no point having a brother if you fight with him all the time. This is so because you wouldn't hang out with him if you were fighting all the time.

In the Book Totally Joe, Joe is gay and his brother is a guy guy. This doesn't really affect their relationship at all which is great because Joe's a good person. Although his brother sounds kind of unintelligent maybe he just doesn't understand gay people and has never talked to them.If I was Joe's brother I would accept who he is and teach him how to play football but I'd rather have a guy guy brother. I'm not taking anything away from Joe but he doesn't play sports so this is why I would rather have an athletic brother.

Overall having a brother would rock but as I said I'd want a guy guy brother which doesn't always happen. If I had a gay brother I would respect him and like him.

Life Lesson:If you have a brother who you don't like just try to understand him and try to get along and realize that you are lucky to have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment