Sunday, January 31, 2010

F Is For Food

"Mmmmmmmmmm this burger is so good" this is what the average human says during lunch. I love food because it keeps me alive and tastes really good. There are some really unhealthy foods and some really healthy foods. An example is cookies compared to lima beans.I think food is very good tasting and is very important for your body. This is so because it gives it nutrients. The most important thing about food is you always have to eat healthy or you will get sick or diseased. My top three favourite foods are 1.lobster 2.pizza 3.cookie dough. My points about my topic are everything about food, why we need it and why healthy foods sometimes taste very disgusting.

Food has been around for ever(millions of years). There are lots of different foods such as Italian, North American, French, English, Asian and many more. Food commercials on TV are very silly - an example is the commercial where KFC is advertising their hot wings. At least the commercials make the food look very good. Every time I see this commercial, my mouth waters and I feel really hungry. This reaction is exactly what they aim for. Though you can't just jump off the couch and go to KFC right away, especially if you're a kid or an adult at work on a coffee break. My favourite food commercial is probably the broccoli commercial because it's very funny. The point of it is to advertise broccoli as the miracle food and the commercial does persuade you to think that.

I think food is very good tasting and is very important for your body. This is so because it gives it nutrients. The most important thing about food is you always have to eat healthy or you will get sick or diseased.

"I'm SOOOOOOOOO hungry, can we go out to get something" this is what I say after a hockey game. Did you know you can't survive for more than 6 weeks without food? That's a very long time but if you do try to do this you will feel very sick and might get malnutrition. Malnutrition is a sickness that is caused by lack of a balanced diet. An example is eating 5 servings of vegetables and no servings of any other type of food. This is malnutrition and it is very bad. A lot of people suffer this which is crazy because there is so much food in the world. There are 5 different food groups: Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, dairy and protein. You should get a good amount of each of these food groups because this will stop malnutrition. For more information look at Canada's food guide.

Healthy food is the best type of food for your body because it has the most vitamins and minerals in it. These help you stay healthy and keep you from getting sick. There are 3 types of restaurants: the healthy type, the average healthy type and the unhealthy type. An example for each type of restaurant are the healthy type:Wild Craft, in the middle type: Tim Horton's, unhealthy type:KFC. These restaurants sell different types of food which makes them appeal differently than another. Personally I go to a mix of the restaurants but if I were you I would go to a healthy restaurant.

"But moooooom lima beans taste absolutely disgusting" I say during dinner. Lima Beans are horrible but they are very healthy so that's why our parents push us to eat them.My mom loves me but broccoli with every meal it's torture. If you were a cat that's like getting your tail ripped off. I know that's not pretty but I am saying the truth so if you didn't want to hear that, sorry. The whole point of this paragraph is to explain why healthy food's are very disgusting. I think that healthy foods taste bad because they don't have enough sugar in them. The amount of sugar in a Kit Kat bar (which I love)is 22.5 grams in one small two piece bar. The amount of sugar in an apple is 15 grams. So if you like an apple better there is something wrong with you because Kit Kats rock. One more reason why healthy foods taste bad is because they don't have any chemicals in them such as aspartame, sugar, caffeine and salt to make them taste better.

Don't get me wrong food is great, but the important thing is to make good choices about what you eat so you don't get large or sick.

LIFE LESSON:WATCH OUT FOR UNHEALTHY FOODS BECAUSE THEY CAN MAKE YOU SICK AND EAT CARROTS (IT PAYS OFF, TRUST ME) :). Food is important but not everybody has enough so try to donate as much as you can to the food bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment