Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Burqas in Afgahnistan

Can you imagine if you were forced to wear a burqa by a group of men with guns? I can't. This is the topic I'm going to talk about in my post today. My points about this topic are would I be angry about this, would it make me feel unimportant and would it change my life.


Of course I'd be angry. Some reasons why I'd be angry are I'd have no rights, no say in what happens and I wouldn't be able to get any fresh air like my husband. This is horrible because if a woman has to go to the market she can barely see where she is going and most importantly she can't go anywhere without her husband. The situation has to be cleaned up before these women, young and old, can go back to their daily normal lives. Some of these routines are school, shopping and their work. Just imagine if you were in that situation.

Being a women in Afghanistan would make me feel very unimportant. I'd feel this way because I'd have no rights and I wouldn't be able to do anything without my burqa on. The sad thing about this is even though the Taliban are out of power in Afghanistan, Afghan women are still not taking off the burqa. I don't know when this is going to end but I hope it ends soon. Overall I think that this is totally unfair and should stop now.

This rule or religious Taliban law would definitely change my life everyday if I was a woman in Afghanistan. This is so because it would be a lot different for me and in my opinion it's an unbelievable law and should be changed completely. This rule isn't even a law. It was made by a group of men with guns but these men are very serious about religion. Their beliefs are that women should be covered up completely and have very few rights.


For my closing paragraph I would just like to say that we're very fortunate to live in a free country. My last point is that we shouldn't take normal routines for granted because other people like in Afghanistan are struggling to survive under the Taliban's rules.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a solid post!!
    Keep up the gooooood work!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya man nice solid post keep up the great work. not good tommy, great


    HEY TOMMY AND GOOD JOB ROBERT

    ReplyDelete