Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Middle School Team Building Day

On October 19, 2009 middle school went to Norval for a day of drum circles and athletic activities. I had so much fun with my classmates and I really enjoyed the activities. I would do it again anyday. My topics for this post are what my team did well, what we didn't do well and the overall thought of the day.

Something that my team did well was we worked together and we didn't leave anyone out. An example of this was when we were trying to throw the tire over the tall piece of wood and everyone switched jobs when it was appropriate to. This is a good example of not leaving anyone out because everyone had a turn at a job that they wanted to do. I was amazed that I could balance across a thin plank like that and actually get across without falling a lot!!! This was great because everyone said who they thought should be hoisted up the pole and to throw over the tire and everyone agreed with what we did. An example of teamwork was when my group was attempting the plank game and most of us tugged on the rope to pull each other across when it was needed and everyone worked together on finishing the task at hand.

Unfortunately we did some things wrong as a group and some of these things were we lost focus sometimes and we got angry at each other when we made mistakes. Some examples of this are when we were in the middle of the plank game and some people who were already across were not helping out. They were just sitting and talking. An example of when we got angry at each other was when everybody was trying to but couldn't put the tire back on the piece of wood. This happened because it wasn't working very well and people were getting frustrated.

Overall the day was unbelievable and I learned a lot about everybody in my group. It was a great atmosphere and I really enjoyed the drum circles and everything we did that day. I would love to go back anytime in my life and I think that it is very enjoyable for adults and kids. I would recommend it for anybody who is reading this. My highlight of the day was when we did the drum circles because everyone was involved and I really enjoy making music. I thought that the leaders of the drum circle were very energetic and they made it very enjoyable. I might even get one of those drums so I can play it anytime I want!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment