Saturday, October 10, 2009

Does clothing shape who I am?

I don't think that clothing shapes who I am but unfortunately other people think it does. I think this because if I look at somebody's clothes, I'm not looking at their personality, their lifestyle or thinking about what they might do for a living.

Firstly, for example, if I was walking down the street and someone walks past me and they are wearing all American Eagle clothing, what would I think at first sight? Would I think they are rich or poor, nice or mean or if they are intelligent or not? Other people think that their clothing tells others everything about them. But these are all guesses because I can't know for sure if I don't talk to them so pretty much their clothing means nothing to me or anybody. People also think that the clothes they wear means they are very cool or popular but this is just their clothing not their personality. My last point in this paragraph is never judge somebody by their clothing because it might hurt their feelings or make them feel badly.

Secondly, for my second point I'm going to talk about a person's lifestyle who is wearing American Eagle clothes. If I look at a person's American Eagle clothing what do I think they're doing on the sidewalk: taking a break from a jog, walking to Mcdonald's or meeting some friend's at the park? I can't say for sure because the person didn't talk to me or I didn't talk to them. Some people think that if they are wearing these clothes they are rich or very successful but their clothes could be their only pair of these type of clothes or they could have got them from charity. I don't know. A person's lifestyle should be way more important to me then their clothing. I suppose if they bump me or say something negative to me I can judge that person's behavior or if they're having a bad day but I can't judge this by their clothing. So never judge somebody by what their wearing.

Lastly, if someone is wearing a suit and is carrying a briefcase, this could mean a lot of things: some examples are: they could work in an office building, own a big corporation, or be going to a job interview or just meeting a friend at the local Tim Horton's . Some people think that if they're wearing a suit it means that they are very successful but it actually means nothing. Different people wear different things on different occasions but most importantly they can decide what they want people to think about them. So, if they are going to a job interview it is good to wear a suit not a stained tee shirt that has pizza sauce all over it. The manager might think you're more organized or more nice but he doesn't know for sure because he hasn't talked to you yet .There are so many different things this man wearing a suitor the man in the pizza stained shirt could have the personality of. Once again never judge somebody by their clothing.

For my closing paragraph I would just like to say that everyone should have a fair chance to be nice to someone or to be intelligent before people judge them on what they're wearing. Unfortunately, people believe that they should judge other people in this manner but some people like me think otherwise.


5 comments:

  1. Rob, this is a very good blog, it really looks like you put alot of effort into your writing. I really like when you spoke about american eagle clothes and i agree people do think that if they ware american eagle they think they are rich and succesful. Great blog keep it up budd!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, your blog is very impressive. It has a lot of well built paragraphs. I wish I could do as many paragraphs as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rob, i agree and disagree with you. i agree don't judge someone by what there wearing, but you can still tell what there like without talking to them.this is why i agree and disagree.don't get me wrong i love your writing. oyea why would someone wear a suit to meet someone at tim horton's.

    p.s. if you see two comments from me somthing went wrong with my computer.

    jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robskiskittles, this is a great first post. Think back to this time last year when just writing a simple 5 sentence paragraph seemed like such a challenge. Your writing has definitely come along way. Remember to focus each paragraph on one main idea. You have developed your opinion and argued it well with good examples. Be sure to keep repetition to a minimum. It's good to see that you are so committed to waiting until you have talked to someone or witnessed their behaviour before you pass judgment. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete